Job Type: Part-time (5-10 hours/week)
Contractor Rate: $25/hour +
You’re a high-energy, organized, and experienced professional with no problem juggling tasks and responsibilities. Supporting others is your thing. Satisfaction for you means taking care of the little (and big) things that help leaders lead more effectively.
This position’s primary focus is to support Design TLC clients and new projects by helping to solve problems and add website features on request, and helping to build out new WordPress websites using the Beaver Builder Page Builder.
The WordPress Support Assistant position might be PERFECT for you if you’re a positive, tech savvy, and organized self-starter with experience in a similar role. Attention to detail and interpersonal skills that ensure discretion and confidentiality are essential. A commitment to continuously learning, improving, and refining your skills is a part of who you are.
We’re looking for a mature, experienced WordPress professional who shows up daily with a “get-it-done” attitude and is always thinking ahead.
This has the potential of growing into a larger position, but will begin with approximately 5-10 hours a week. This is a remote position. While your virtual work schedule will be flexible, you must be available to virtually work and meet between Monday-Friday between 9:00-5:00pm EST.
During occasional pre-launch periods (typically a maximum of one week at a time), the team goes into the all-hands-on-deck mode. This could mean some evening hours until the job is done, and it may even mean doing tasks that aren’t normally contained within the job description of this role. For many, this can be some of the most challenging and rewarding work that we do.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The WordPress Assistant is responsible for taking care of client requests beyond simple edits handled by our Client Service Associate. This includes solving problems/troubleshooting with WordPress websites and hosting, building out new pages using Beaver Builder/Beaver Themer. You must be a confident, strategic thinker with some design skills and experience with WordPress and Beaver Builder.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Responding to support requests from clients sent to you by the Design TLC Client Service Associate. This may include site down issues, troubleshooting other issues, creating new functionality or pages on existing websites.
- Occasionally attending virtual client meetings to stay in the loop on new requests and opportunities
- Helping to build out new WordPress websites using the Beaver Builder Page Builder
- Supporting Tara in documenting processes and exploring new software and methods
- Being available to respond to messages on Slack during the day
Skills and Abilities
The ideal candidate possesses the following strengths and skills:
- You’re a thinker and a doer. You don’t need to be told what to do — you’re innovative, resourceful, and able to anticipate what needs to get done.
- You must be a self-starter with the ability to be productive from your home office.
- You know how to search for and find solutions. You think about your work in terms of outcomes and results, not hours worked.
- Highly organized and able to anticipate calendar needs well beyond this week.
- An interest in engaging with Tara and Design TLC clients, and in communicating professionally and courteously, in a timely manner.
- Detail is your middle name. You have high standards and mediocre is not a word in your vocabulary.
- You’re invested in becoming the best you can be and excited to work with a team who’s happy to help you get there!
- Responsive and communicative. You know how to close the loop and confirm assignments are received and completed.
- Incredibly technically competent and current. You must understand how to manage the following systems:
- Intermediate-Advanced knowledge of WordPress and WordPress Plugins
- Intermediate-Advanced knowledge of Beaver Builder and Beaver Themer
- Intermediate-Advanced knowledge of CSS and HTML
- Working knowledge of Custom Post Types
- Working knowledge of Browser Inspector Tools
- Working knowledge of accessing WordPress hosting platforms, SFTP and PhpMyAdmin
- Working knowledge of Staging/Development and Production environments
- Working knowledge of DNS Zone configuration
- Working knowledge of Adobe products (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator)
- Working knowledge of Google Sheets and csv files
- Working knowledge of Mailchimp/CRM
- Working knowledge of a Project Management Software (Ex: Trello, Asana, ToDoIst, etc.)
We’re Not Right for Each Other If:
- If you have never used WordPress or Beaver Builder, then this is not for you.
- If you need someone to tell you what to do, then this isn’t for you.
- If you’re not willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement, then this is not for you.
This might just be the opportunity you’ve been looking for IF…
- You love WordPress and Beaver Builder
- You love customizing CSS code
- You love organization and systems
- You love solving problems
- You’re not afraid to ask questions and learn new things
- You love trying new tools
- You’re looking for a remote-work opportunity that’s interesting and flexible
- You like working independently
If you’d like to be considered for this role please fill out the application here.