Job Type: Part-time (10 hours/week)
You’re a high-energy, organized, and motivated professional with no problem juggling tasks and responsibilities. Writing and posting on social media is your thing. Satisfaction for you means taking care of the little (and big) things that help an organization succeed.
This position’s primary focus is to represent Design TLC online, on social media and with content marketing on the Design TLC website, as well as via occasional Mailchimp newsletters.
The Marketing Assistant position might be PERFECT for you if you’re a positive, tech savvy, and organized self-starter with experience in a similar role. Attention to detail and interpersonal skills that ensure discretion and confidentiality are essential. A commitment to continuously learning, improving, and refining your skills is a part of who you are.
We’re looking for a mature, experienced professional who shows up daily with a get-it-done attitude and is always thinking ahead.
- Communication skills: You need strong writing and reading skills to write original blog content and communicate with our social media audience.
- Analytical skills: Strong analytical skills will help you review social media metrics and develop effective strategies.
- Computer literacy: To work in this industry, you must be able to use social media platforms and tools efficiently.
- Creativity: You need strong creative skills to write engaging blog and social media posts and create graphics.
- Interpersonal skills: Building lasting relationships with social media followers requires strong interpersonal skills.
This has the potential of growing into a larger position, but will begin with approximately 5-10 hours a week. This is a remote position. While your virtual work schedule will be flexible, there will be set times where your attendance is required including a brief weekly meeting with Tara and a monthly team meeting. You must be available to virtually work and meet between Monday-Friday between 8:30-4:00pm EST.
Duties and Responsibilities:
The Marketing Assistant is responsible for gowing engagement/followers on the Design TLC LinkedIn, Instagram and Twitter accounts. This includes writing a weekly blog post on the Design TLC website, You must be a confident, strategic thinker with excellent written communication skills and an attention to detail.
- Weekly: Writing an original blog weekly, drawn from a blog idea list provided, you own ideas or transcription from a video Tara makes on a relevant topic
- Ongoing: Helping to manage files, documents, and photos in both Dropbox and Google Drive while maintaining a Marie Kondo like organizational structure.
- Daily: Posting relevant image/video content on these platforms and engaging with/replying to followers (Tara will give ideas, but this will be up to you to develop ideas for posts).
- Weekly: Reporting on follower counts.
Skills and Abilities
The ideal candidate possesses the following strengths and skills:
- You’re a thinker and a doer. You don’t need to be told what to do — you’re innovative, resourceful, and able to anticipate what needs to get done.
- You must be a self-starter with the ability to be productive from your home office.
- A positive, high-energy attitude and “get it done” mindset that searches for solutions. You think about your work in terms of outcomes and results, not hours worked.
- Highly organized and able to anticipate calendar needs well beyond this week.
- An interest in engaging with peers and clients while communicating on Tara’s behalf and doing so with grace.
- A high level of professionalism and emotional maturity.
- Detail is your middle name. You have high standards and mediocre is not a word in your vocabulary.
- You’re invested in becoming the best you can be and excited to work with a team who’s happy to help you get there!
- Responsive and communicative. You know how to close the loop and confirm assignments are received and completed.
- Incredibly technically competent and current. You must understand how to manage the following systems:
- Working knowledge of WordPress
- Working knowledge of Canva and/or Adobe Suite
- Working knowledge of video and photo editing apps
- Understanding of general social media scheduling/posting tools
- Working knowledge of SEO and keywords
- Working knowledge of Mailchimp/CRM
- Working knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, & LinkedIn
- Working knowledge of a Project Management Software (Ex: Trello, Asana, ToDoIst, etc.)
We’re Not Right for Each Other If:
- If you need someone to tell you what to do, then this isn’t for you.
- If you’re not willing to sign a non-disclosure agreement, then this is not for you.
This might just be the opportunity you’ve been looking for IF…
- You love writing
- You love learning new things
- You love social media marketing
- You love organization and systems
- You love solving problems
- You’re not afraid to ask questions
- You’re interested in web design, SEO
- You’re interested in independent schools/education/nonprofits
- You’re looking for a remote-work opportunity that’s interesting and flexible
- You like working independently
If you’d like to be considered for this role please fill out the application here.